Saturday, September 3, 2011

Everything in Moderation

  I think everybody has had that day where they partied a little too hard. Embarrassed themselves, and possibly other people. I won't go into the details, mainly because they're a little gruesome, but I'm sorry to say I was that person on Friday evening. (Digression: what a wonderfully uplifting way to return to blogging after two weeks of no internet! Did we all catch the sarcasm? Good.) Needless to say, I will not be doing that again. From now on, unless I'm home, I don't even want to start drinking because I really outdid myself this time. It's not the first time I've passed out, or the first time I've thrown up from overindulgence, but it's the first time I really made a fool of myself doing either one. To boot, I have a sore throat today from heaving and dry-heaving so much. First and last time shooting tequila. Margaritas yes. Shots, no.
    On to slightly less depressing topics: Still having problems with Comcast. I got my equipment a couple weeks ago. Couldn't get the cable to connect--they gave me a non-functional cable box, and came out and replaced it, free of charge. It worked for a week until I finally got around to purchasing a modem today to hook up my internet, and I managed to knock most of the cable out. The internet works like a dream. The cable will now only bring up about a dozen of the hundred or so channels I'm supposed to get, so I have to have another technician come back out here tomorrow. I snuck in a service maintenance fee thing so they can't bill me $50 every time someone has to come out here, except now I get to add another $2.45 a month to my bill. Still, I figure $2.45 a month is cheaper than $50 in one go.
    Went to a lovely sushi restaurant this afternoon, mainly as a thank you to my boyfriend for helping me and sticking with me when I was at my absolute worst yesterday. It was amazing food. I've never had such good miso soup. And the sushi itself was great too! They had a few unusual menu items, pumpkin tempura--something which I ordered and loved, but the servers were nice, the prices were reasonable, and the food was awesome. What more can you ask for?
    I am finally nearing the finish line as far as moving in goes. My extensive movie collection is shelved, organized. I think I've bought all I need to buy, thank God. The only things I still have to do are bringing my cat up--which I hope to do this weekend, hanging my pictures, getting the cable AND internet to work simultaneously, unpacking my video tapes (the rest of the collection I mentioned is all DVDs), and maybe buying a few more groceries. Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty much there. It actually looks like a place someone lives, and not just a place someone keeps their stuff.
    Quirks about the new digs: the windows don't like to slide open and shut too often; the floors all seem to slope towards the center of the apartment where all the closets and cupboards are; I can hear all the sirens and dogs and kids in the neighborhood loud and clear at any and all hours of the day and night; and the electrical outlets that are connected to a switch are for some reason connected to both outlets instead of just a single outlet plug. Maybe that's not so unusual, but it's unusual to me.
    In any case, I think I've over-shared quite enough for one evening. I'm hoping to get back on track blogging regularly, so maybe I can convince everyone to get back to regularly following what nonsense I may have to say.
Drink, drank, drunk.

No comments:

Etsy Addict: A Few of My Favorite Things